Malcolm

Hello! I just wanted to share my PC build with you guys, she's beast :)

My desktop:

CPU: Intel i7 7700k 4.2 GHz quad-core

CPU fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z-270-A

Memory: x3 Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-2400

Storage: for the OS/Programs - Kingston - SSDNow UV400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, for storage - Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Western Digital - Blue 6TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card

Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Wireless adapter: Asus - PCE-AC56 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter

Monitor: Asus - MG28UQ 28.0" 3840x2160 60Hz Monitor

• Like 1

CodeForum.org a place to learn to code as a community. I strive to help you, myself and others to learn, share and succeed in your developments.

Code Complier | Code Editor

CPU: AMD FX-8150

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R 2.0

Memory: x2 HYPER X BLU 4 GB 1600 DDR 3

Storage: SSD Samsung 128 GB 2x Seagate Barracuda 2 TB

Video card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 660 TI OC 3 GB

Case: Satellite k332 (standard) mid tower

Power Supply: Sentey 650w

Wireless adapter: TP Link (lol)

Monitor: ACER 20''

• Like 1

FmY9Up0.png

CGhja3N.png

Help me Fund my new PC! Register and get yours as well!

恋してるチカラに魔法をかけて

太陽がずっとしずまないように

CPU: AMD FX-8150

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R 2.0

Memory: x2 HYPER X BLU 4 GB 1600 DDR 3

Storage: SSD Samsung 128 GB 2x Seagate Barracuda 2 TB

Video card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 660 TI OC 3 GB

Case: Satellite k332 (standard) mid tower

Power Supply: Sentey 650w

Wireless adapter: TP Link (lol)

Monitor: ACER 20''

ooo Nice! do you have any hdd?

CodeForum.org a place to learn to code as a community. I strive to help you, myself and others to learn, share and succeed in your developments.

Doesn't 650 seem a lil low for that build? If I were you I'd try to go 100w more on that power supply. But other than that, THATS ONE SEXY BUILD MAN!

It's alright. I've calculated the estimate power used and it's less than 550.

FmY9Up0.png

CGhja3N.png

恋してるチカラに魔法をかけて

太陽がずっとしずまないように

These are my specs:

Processor: Intel® Core i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2496 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Memory: 32 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Ooo nice! Do you find it works great with most games?

Certainly. WoW works great and Ark. I have tried it on other games that require less and works great. But tbh, I strictly use this laptop for education now a days.

Ohh that's reasonable. I have to computers, I use one to code/game and the other one for educational purposes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That seems like a pretty beastly build to me! I'd love to build something along those lines for the sheer hell of it if I had the money..

I've never been a PC gamer, and can't see me switching from consoles. They're just too convenient, I prefer using a joypad, and I enjoy gaming in comfort on the sofa.

• Like 2

banner-small.jpg

[FA]far fa-handshake faa-vertical[/FA] Now partnered with Mind Piff!

No adverts, no premium memberships, no donation drives.. The way a forum should be!

That seems like a pretty beastly build to me! I'd love to build something along those lines for the sheer hell of it if I had the money..

I've never been a PC gamer, and can't see me switching from consoles. They're just too convenient, I prefer using a joypad, and I enjoy gaming in comfort on the sofa.

Yeah I own a gaming laptop that I use only for uni/website work, pretty much everything other than gaming.. I know.. But I got it because of the amazing specs.. I usually use my console for gaming and prefer to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol default specs for me

How much does it cost to pimp out my PC?

As with everything, it depends on what parts you buy and where you buy them from.

I recently upgraded my brother's PC to be running a 900W PSU and a 120GB SSD (he already has a very decent GFX card), and this cost about £120-£130 IIRC. The SSD made it feel much faster and the new PSU seemed to solve the occasional random shutdowns he was experiencing, plus it's a lot quieter.. :)

banner-small.jpg

[FA]far fa-handshake faa-vertical[/FA] Now partnered with Mind Piff!

No adverts, no premium memberships, no donation drives.. The way a forum should be!

As with everything, it depends on what parts you buy and where you buy them from.

I recently upgraded my brother's PC to be running a 900W PSU and a 120GB SSD (he already has a very decent GFX card), and this cost about £120-£130 IIRC. The SSD made it feel much faster and the new PSU seemed to solve the occasional random shutdowns he was experiencing, plus it's a lot quieter.. :)

Do you think that this build should make up for the next 5 years or so?

FmY9Up0.png

CGhja3N.png

恋してるチカラに魔法をかけて

太陽がずっとしずまないように