Other Search engines

Xoogle

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I use DuckDuckGo and started using it for privacy but also to give a smaller search engine more traffic and less from the big guy Google. I still use Google from time to time because it's on my phone automatically as I have a Google Pixel phone and it's built in, but I also have DuckDuckGo as my phone browser default.

What I like about DuckDuckGo is that it's fast and private. What I don't like is that it can't find some sites that I would think should come up in my searches.

• 2 weeks later...

I never heard of the later two, they look interesting.

StartPage is Google but privacy focused. So they get Google results but they anonymize the query.

Something like that.

Oh, and there's of course, Yendex.

"This is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps the end of the beginning."

[avatar=topsilver]1[/avatar]

I've used Ecosia for a while, but sadly had to go back to google as they just didn't have what I was looking for about 80% of the time. I loved the concept of it, and wanted to support them more but until they fix their crawling bots as well as their algorithm it's not worth it in my opinion.

I never heard of the later two, they look interesting.

Ecosia plants trees for every x amount of searches they do through the site. You just have to make an account or get the addon for chrome. It's a really amazing concept.

NmvEjLC.gif